These can be consulted on the rules and regulations page : click here
23 October 2017 > Registration opening dates
==> Registration by internet
Until 22 December 2017 > On-line registration
Until 29 December 2017 > Samples reception
==> Registration by post
Until 22 December 2017 > Registration + samples reception
==> Key dates
13 January 2018 > Gamay International Competition
18 January 2018 > Publication of results
- wine producers and winemakers
- groups of co-operative wineries
- wine merchants
The competition is open to wines from all over the world (still red, rosé) with a geographical specification and produced using the Gamay grape variety (85% minimum). Each wine must conform to the norms prevalent in the country of production.
An analysis report per wine (level of alcohol, glucose + fructose sugars, total and volatile acidity, SO2, excess pressure from carbon dioxide for sparkling)
All the vintages are allowed in the competition.
You are not limited in the number of products you can present. Wine merchants must have a mandate for the presentation of wines they do not own.
3 labelled bottles per wine must be sent to the address indicated on the form. The wines must have a label and a cap.
The shipping and customs fees must be paid by the sender.
1. Choose "incoterm" : DDP Delivered Duty Paid.
2. Specify in all your documents: "Value in customs 0.5 euros per product. Samples for tasting purposes only, no commercial value."
3. Add on all your documents our EORI number: %NUMERO_EORI%. N° VAT %NOM_CONCOURS% : %NUMERO_TVA%
4. CAUTION : Make sure that the total shipment value remains below 20 € (20 $). If not, you will pay additional customs fees.
5. Avoid using DHL; they often charge additional customs duties.